Knowledgebase: Frequently Asked Questions
Why won’t Belt Analyst run on my computer?
Posted by Tawna Kjera on 19 April 2011 01:23 PM
There are many different reasons that Belt Analyst might not be working. Here is a list of a few possible issues:|
1. You have an old version that requires you to run the program as an administrator. If you do not have your MES up to date, try making sure all the executable files (.exe) in the program directory (probably "c:\Program Files\Analyst") have their properties set to "run as administrator". If you have a a current MES, open the program, click Help then Check Program Updates and update your software.
2. You have no more licenses in your pool. Companies with floating licenses will occasionally run into this problem. It means that the licenses have all been checked out and there are non available on the server. Make sure that Belt Analyst is not open on any other computers, or wait a day and try checking out the license again. If no one is using the license and you have had multiple days with no success in checking out the license, submit a ticket to Overland Conveyor.
3. If you have a fixed license and cannot activate, it may be because the license was already activated on another computer. See article "How can I move a fixed license to a new computer?"
4. When you are having trouble with your license, always make sure that you have the most up to date version of our software. To do this, follow the steps in "1" above to update. You can also visit our website to download the latest versions: http://overlandconveyor.com/support/downloads.aspx . You must login with your ID and password in order to update.
5. If you are receiving error messages that don't allow the program to open or run, please take screen shots and then submit a ticket with the screenshots, the file you are having problems with, and a description of how you get to that error. This will speed up the process of a solution.